december daily album (part one)

February 3, 2012 |  by  |  albums + projects, mini albums

This was my first hybrid mini album undertaking.  And dare I say it?  I think I’m so much more into making albums and photobooks than I am into making individual scrapbook layouts.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to completely stop creating individual pages or anything crazy like that but doing this december daily album has helped me realize that I work better and have more fun within the scope of a theme/project.

Day 1

the “be merry” text is from my serendipity kit

Day 2 – Eric’s birthday. Originally, this spread was just 12×8 photo of him with the “happy birthday” text on the bottom right corner. A few pages into the album, I came back to day 2 and added the two smaller photos.

I almost left the back side of the insert blank because all I could think of writing was, “We love you.”  Cheesy no? I ended up writing down how the girls are saying their I love you’s. Audrey’s is, “I love you my da-thee,” and Madeline says, “Love you teuw.

Day 3

Day 4 – Quote from Audrey: “Milk comes from the cow’s butt. Right?”

Day 5 and 6

Day 7

Day 8 – No photos on day 8. Seemed like a good time to have a little fun with this letter Audrey wrote to Santa. so technically, this didn’t happen on day eight- she actually wrote the letter back in November – but it’s her first dear santa letter so I wanted to include it somewhere in this album.

I scanned the letter in at 600dpi, cleaned it up (just erased the lines), sized it down to fit on a 12×8 canvas, divided it in half and printed each part on a 6×8 sheet.  Then I went to town with glitter glue.

Day 9 and 10  – Day 9 was the night of Audrey’s holiday performance at school so there are lots of pages.

Day 11 – Another no photo day. Part of the day was spent addressing holiday cards so I included those here. Here’s the front of the envelope.

Day 12

Day 13 – Dinner and shopping that evening.

Day 14 and 15

Day 16 – holiday cards displayed on our mantel

Day 17 – holiday gathering with friends

supplies that I used:

not shown: vintage blank label stamp by purple onion designs, American Crafts Thickers, dymo labeler

Nancy Wyatt says:

Love it! Love all the negative space and it’s full of inspiration! hugs from Conroe, Texas

Amy Jaz says:

Oh I am so in love with this. And I kind of hate you a little bit right now because this lovely lovely album makes me want to throw away my entire album and start over. sigh.

traceyp. says:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this!!! L.O.V.E. this album, thanks Liz for sharing and Inspiring!

juliaa says:

Glad it’s not just me! This has totally inspired me to take a more minimalist approach to my next album!!

Jen says:

One of the best uses of Pow! I’ve seen yet. Very pretty.

esther_a says:

Love the mix of memorabilia and how you carry your style through from digi to paper.

Valentine says:

I love seeing your creative work, it’s such an inspiration!

hannahk says:

Liz this is the best DD I’ve seen :) so love the focus on one key story a day. I’m really inspired ~ thank you so much for sharing

Karie says:

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

June K says:

Beautiful album, Liz. Thanks for sharing.

alexa says:

These is so lovely to look at – lots of variety and plenty of restful space to show off the days – I especially like day 17. ;)

Yolanda says:

Such a beautiful album . I admire how much you cull the negative space within the layout. I think I may have an addiction to full-bleed images. (Also love that our Decembers both included a visit to Roscoe’s. Dang good eating!)

kelly says:

could not love this more. xoxo.

Carly says:

Wow I love this! You’ve inspired me to tackle a December Daily next year. :-)

love this. i’ve got finishing mine on my to do list and i think i need to take a lesson from your beautifully clean approach!

Jennifer says:

Love! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see the rest. Such an inspiration–need to think more about white space when finishing my DD.

JayEssJay says:

I’m with you on the making of albums vs. pages! I get much more excited when I have a complete project to work towards. I have visions of a Yosemite album as we speak…

KarynS says:

All i can say is WOW. I absolutely love your take on a December Daily album – it is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing it.

Kelly Kautz says:

This is all kinds of brilliant. You inspire me so much — even your list of supplies is gorgeous!

Soco says:

OMG Liz! This is just wonderful!!! And so inspiring!!!

Ann-Marie says:

Oh my goodness, I am in LOVE! This is such a gorgeous take on December Daily. Is it Christmas yet? :)

zalaine says:

Love the look Miss L! Wondering if you might consider a kit of digital dollies! TIA zalaine

i’m so glad i found your website before i start my project life album. a great reminder to keep things simple. love your style. sometimes it’s hard to find modern minimalism in the scrapbooking circle.

love your style! clean, classic, photos at the forefront. love it!

Candy says:

i love it. it’s so simple and clean and just beautiful. what size pics did u use on day 17?

Katie D. says:

Yep, it’s official. Seeing this has convinced me that I can do this next year. I LOVE the simplicity. Absolutely beautiful!

Karina says:

This is beautiful. :) I was wondering where I could get that binder you’re using… I’ve been looking for a mini album binder that’s simple and clean for months now… and when I saw this, I thought, wow, that’s it!

Christina says:

I LOVE this! I think I may need to do a binder, as this is just up my ally. I have been looking all over for the mini chipboard binder by ReBinder, and can only seem to find them by the case on ReBinder’s site…could you share where you got yours?

[...] then, every so often, I come across a stunning album layout like this one by Paislee Press and and I’m all re-inspired to jump back into the scrapbooking [...]

Trackbacks