1. START in photoshop by creating a rectangular shape in the size of the 3×4 journaling card (the actual dimensions in my photoshop file are
2.8 x 3.8 – now also includes the new 2012 size 2.9 x 4). You can download the psd file, available in both letter and A4 sizes, HERE.
2. PRINT out the box outline on a sheet of paper. You will use this as a guide later to mount the journaling card for printing.
3. ADD TEXT. Go back to photoshop and add your journaling. Make sure to keep text inside the outline.
4. PREP THE JOURNALING CARD FOR PRINT. Use double sided tape to mount the journaling card to the sheet of paper you printed out earlier, making sure to position the card within the box outline.
5. NOW YOU’RE READY TO PRINT. IMPORTANT: Turn off the visibility of the print guide layer before you send to print. Unless of course you want the outline to print on the journaling card, then by all means, keep it visible. Ok, now you’re really ready to send to print.
6. CAREFULLY REMOVE THE JOURNALING CARD. It helps if you don’t press too hard when you initially adhered it. Save the paper template for future printing.
And in case you missed it in step one, the photoshop file shown in this tutorial is available as a free download in my shop.
note: I didn’t have time to get to the resizing tutorial today, but it’s next on my to do list, along with the RadLab post. Happy Wednesday friends!