caylee grey | she said yes mini book

caylee | she said yes mini book

Hey it’s Caylee and I’m excited to share something different from what I usually share this month.

Two of my best friends were recently engaged after eleven years of dating. Now that’s deserving of a big celebration. I organised with the guy to get photos from a couple shoot they had because mini books using professional photos just elevate them to the next level. I was also full of glee when I discovered how perfectly the colours went with the About Us kit.

caylee | she said yes mini book

I printed out a few elements and a few photos on sheets of vellum.  If you’ve never done this, you’re seriously missing out. It takes things to the next level.

caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book

Vellum is the real-life Photoshop for printed photos. How soft does my friend look? Even more beautiful.

caylee | she said yes mini book caylee | she said yes mini book

I punched two holes into the pages, and instead of using binder rings as per usual, I used some bakers twine to keep the soft look. I also used transparency sheets on the front and back to add an extra layer of protection. I love how simple mini books are, and how special they are as keepsakes.

Have a great September, and if you’re in the southern hemisphere like me, enjoy the beginnings of spring.

Products: About Us, Eternal Sunshine elements, Fairytale elementsSay Yes To elementsHe & She Tags

♥ Caylee

You can find more bits of my life on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and my blog.

• Donna M September 2, 2014, 4:26 pm

So pretty!

• I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a
    blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me
    tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy that I came across this in my search for something relating to this.

• Vanessa September 2, 2014, 7:00 pm

Caylle, this is just so pretty! What a wonderful gift to your friends.

• Vanessa September 2, 2014, 7:00 pm

*Caylee – sorry!! Typing too fast!

• Caylee September 4, 2014, 2:12 am

That’s okay, I’m just going to cal you Vansss from now on 😉

• keara September 2, 2014, 7:16 pm

Omg caylee. ! If (when) I get engaged I hope you’ve turned this onto a service! Always stunned by your work but this may be my favorite to date. Xoxo from the States.

• Caylee September 4, 2014, 2:28 am

I’d LOVE to make these as a service. I don’t have enough friends getting engaged to fulfill my need to make them, haha. xoxo right back.

• Natasa Tsouf September 2, 2014, 10:29 pm

Amazing work! I loved eveything. The style, the white spaces, all the photos and the vellum pages of course! Perfect ♥

• Caylee September 4, 2014, 2:30 am

Ah thank you so much, Natasa.

• Kelsey, Esp. September 3, 2014, 6:49 am

I saw the peek of this on IG the other day and was instantly obsessed. And GIRL. This post does NOT disappoint.

Printing on vellum is absolutely the way to go, and you’re description of it “real life Photoshop” is ON POINT.

I’m at the tail end of Emma’s birthday book (from this past weekend) and it has a very similar process to the one you made here — but I’m not so close to the end that I can’t add a few things. Because I definitely scored some inspiration from this post to use in her book. MAJOR inspiration.

Keep creating all of the pretty things. You are so great at it!

• Caylee September 4, 2014, 2:30 am

K face, your Emma book is looking amazing. Right up my alley with the pink and the loveliness. I cannot wait to see it. ♥

• Karinne September 4, 2014, 5:11 am

it’s really beautiful!

• Sophie September 4, 2014, 12:19 pm

This is so beautiful!

• tchris September 4, 2014, 2:07 pm

So sweet and beautiful.

• Sabine September 4, 2014, 11:58 pm

magical little minialbum – love your work, Caylee, everytime. The vellum pages make the book look so delicate

• Caylee September 5, 2014, 7:23 am

Vellum is perfect for making an album soft. I’m pretty much obsessed with it.