december daily: a few photos

Good news: I’ve been taking photos everyday.

Here are a few of the holiday related photos I’ve snapped so far.

I still haven’t decided on a format for the album.  I keep going back and forth between doing a fast and easy photobook and a not-so-fast-but-looks-like-lots-of-fun mini album. I need to make a decision soon I suppose.  Either way, I am enjoying the process.  Enjoying making a conscious effort to take photos on a daily basis. I haven’t been this diligent since I first started Project 365 in 2009.  And I’m excited to see this project to the end.

For those of you that are doing december daily, can you kindly link me to your album?

• Melissa December 21, 2011, 7:45 pm

your address is there in one of the photos, just FYI :)

Can’t wait to see wht you come up with for DD2011!

• Liz December 21, 2011, 10:19 pm

Thanks for looking out Melissa. :) It’s ok though, I used a dummy address. Are you doing a december daily this year?

• pc December 21, 2011, 11:38 pm

Always love your creativity! and enjoy the simplicity very much.

Wishing you Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

• Liz December 21, 2011, 11:47 pm

many thanks. Happy holidays to you and your lovely family as well!

• Mary December 22, 2011, 3:03 am

LOVE the photos you posted…I’m trying to take daily photos, too. and here’s the link to my DD album. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mere2007/sets/72157628245513479/

• Liz December 22, 2011, 2:03 pm

Thanks so much for sharing mary. Love that you printed directly on a starbucks bag, so brilliant! Your album is lovely.

• Nicole December 22, 2011, 4:49 am

LOL about the dummy address. I was thinking the same thing as Melissa. :)

I’m trying to do as much of my DD as I go along but will be putting most of it together after Christmas (next week!!) This is the link to my album cover : http://reavespartyofthree.blogspot.com/2011/11/december-daily-2011-cover-foundation.html and this is the link to my daily pages so far : http://reavespartyofthree.blogspot.com/search/label/December%20Daily%202011

Your girls are beautiful and I cannot wait to see how you pull yours together Liz!

• Liz December 22, 2011, 2:05 pm

OH. MY. WORD. Your album is amazing. And that cover!!! I’m dying! I love it so so so so SO much!! I haven’t finished reading the entire post, had to run back over here to tell you that my jaw dropped when I saw your cover. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am coveting your cover something fierce!

• Nicole December 23, 2011, 7:49 am

You are so sweet, thank you! The wood cover was fun to make and totally my favorite part so far. I think I’ll be making them a lot!

• Tina December 22, 2011, 10:08 am

I got your beautiful Christmas card the other day. Loved the design. How do you make simple so extraodinary?!

• Liz December 22, 2011, 2:05 pm

You are way too generous with your praise. I love you. :)

• Jennifer December 22, 2011, 12:32 pm

Liz, is that wrapping paper made from a photo collage? Awesome! How did u do that?

• Liz December 22, 2011, 2:07 pm

Hi Jennifer! No, the collage is just our holiday card. But I love the idea of a photo collage wrapping paper!

• Anika December 22, 2011, 3:40 pm

I love love love your style very simple I am very much the same way. I love the clean lines and colors in ur pages and layouts of PL.. I was wondering, for your PL did you just cut up all the journaling cards in the khaki color? Then used thoes instead of a kit. I ablsolutely love that..Are you thinking you will do that again next year or are you going to get one of the new core kits. I love the way your pages look just love!

• Liz December 22, 2011, 3:51 pm

Hi Anika,

Thank you so much! You are right about the journaling cards, they are cut to size from kraft paper (I got mine at paper source). I will probably continue to do that – I like to use neutrals for embellishments so they don’t compete with the photos. Are you doing PL right now or thinking of starting?

• Anika December 23, 2011, 12:40 pm

I am starting.. I am finishing up my sons baby album ( hes almost 4 now.. um yeah behind) and I will continue to do my daughters albums like this( shejust turned 7 and I only have her 2 year old book done.. lot to do). I am feeling this is a great way to catch up I also love the neutral. What size do you get from paper source. I do not have one here but can order online. I also do not like to compete with the photos.. That is the main focus after all!

• Yolanda December 22, 2011, 5:00 pm

I have been posting the images and stories on flickr as well as my blog: http://intrinsicimages.net/tag/december-daily-2011/ . I’ve published through Day 18. I have a few more pages to finish up over the next week or so.

• Amy December 23, 2011, 8:11 pm

I’m very anxious to see what you come up with – you are always such an inspiration! Here’s my DD so far… http://www.flickr.com/photos/55951426@N07/sets/72157628019542011/

• Soco December 27, 2011, 2:02 am

They are gorgeous Liz! I hope you had a great Christmas! Hugs!!!

• Jodi January 1, 2012, 7:49 am

Beautiful work as always :) Would you please share where you got those cute little doilies from? xo