project life

01-project life week of june 5th

I purchased project life at the beginning of the year with good intentions and then it sat on a shelf untouched. Actually, at the time, the project life kit was sold out so I ended up getting an American Crafts 12×12 Album, the Becky Higgins 12×12 page protectors, and a pack of Becky Higgins 3×4 journaling cards.

Why did it take almost 6 months to get going on project life? I don’t know. The hard part was simply getting started.  And not worry about trying to make this album a comprehensive record of our lives. The pressure of wanting to document all the details was keeping me from doing anything at all. Funny how that works huh?  I am my own worst enemy.

This is the week of June 5th, the week that Madeline turned two.

02-project life week of june 5th

Left side. Bits and pieces of the week.

03-project life week of june 5th

04-project life week of june 5th

I took Madeline out for breakfast, just the two of us, to celebrate her turning two. I saved the receipt from that outing and added a stamped label with a note. On kraft paper tag I printed a snippet of a conversation we had with Audrey on monday morning.

05-project life week of june 5th

Added details (place where photo was taken) to the photo before printing them out, and made a corresponding tag that lists all the places I went to that week. The stamp is the vintage blank label by purple onion designs.

06-project life week of june 5th

Lots of photos this week because of Madeline’s birthday party so I added an 8.5 x11 insert. I was able to include a picture of everyone at the party in this mosaic grid (template from snapshots no. 3, not yet released).

07-project life week of june 5th

On the back side of the 8.5×11 insert are notes and bits and pieces I saved from her birthday gifts wrap. The background paper is an old one by Melissa Frances.

08-project life week of june 5th

10-project life week of june 5th

09-project life week of june 5th

The right side. Her birthday was the big event of the week so I set aside the entire page for it and even then it was hard to narrow down the photos.  Then I remembered I wasn’t going for comprehensive coverage (ha!). I’m saving that for the birthday mini album, which is coming along nicely (will be posting those pages soon).

11-project life week of june 5th

The journaling card is blank for now.  I love that I have the option to come back to it once I figure out what I want to say.

12-project life week of june 5th

That’s it for the week of June 5th. I’m officially hooked. Becky Higgins you are a genius, thank you for creating project life.

For those of you that have been contemplating getting started with project life, I highly recommend that you check out Ali Edwards‘ take on it. Truly inspiring.

• amy tangerine June 22, 2011, 3:26 pm

LOVE.
    now i am even more upset i haven’t jumped on the project life train. maybe i’ll start in the fall.

• Clara June 22, 2011, 3:50 pm

*love*… really… so much to love about this… the memories, the photos… and you make putting it together look so easy… please share more! You are so inspiring!

Clara xo

• dana June 22, 2011, 4:00 pm

looks great liz! i love the idea of project life:) also love the little photo pocket holders…genius!

• Felicity June 22, 2011, 4:00 pm

Wowee!
    My mind boggles at not only your creativity but your time to do this.
    It will become a treasure to be enjoyed for many years to come and well worth the love and effort invested in it.

xx felicity

• libbywilko June 22, 2011, 4:54 pm

Love Project Life… think I’ll try it when they available again.. I’m doing a digital version (from wildblueberry ink) but I’m sooo behind with the journalling !

Love Becky Higgins and the one Ali Edwards is doing too.

It looks like you are making a great start it looks beautiful… the good thing with project life there’s not one day to begin or one way to use it.

• Catherine June 22, 2011, 6:03 pm

You have inspired me to get my (unopened) Project Life box out of the closet and get going!

• karen/aichaku June 22, 2011, 7:34 pm

love love love what you did! you inspire me to restart my diy project life, mine stalled for the same reasons you mentioned.

• clo June 22, 2011, 10:27 pm

Ali does also the same kind of album ! goergeous !

• Soco June 22, 2011, 11:55 pm

Oh Liz! This is just precious!!! I love everything about it!!!

• Ange June 23, 2011, 12:11 am

Love, love, looove this album ! It’s perfect. You rock !

• celine navarro June 23, 2011, 2:29 am

this is stunning!

• kelly June 23, 2011, 9:59 am

love. love. love.

• Nicol June 23, 2011, 1:50 pm

Holy loveliness!love this.

• Kaitlin June 23, 2011, 1:53 pm

This is gorgeous! So glad you shared 🙂

• angie blom June 23, 2011, 2:00 pm

beautiful. I have been really good at getting my journaling done and in my book.. and now just have to print off pics.. your album is wonderful.. hope you share lots more.

• Tracy Oleksak June 23, 2011, 2:16 pm

This is beautiful. I purchased the same products in May with the hopes to get started, but you are correct when you say getting started is the hardest part (maybe this weekend?). I love Ali’s take on it to (which is what prompted me to start in the first place). Please keep posting inspiration…I just might need it.

• Gypsy Chaos June 23, 2011, 5:45 pm

I love what you’ve done! I started mine in Sept 10 using the 2010 version. I love it. My challenge has been reducing my journaling. I want to write and write…

I gave my lilsis a turquoise 2011 edition to use when her baby arrived in April. I inserted the week, filler, and journal cards for her. It took me about 2.5 hours.

• Jennifer Larson June 23, 2011, 6:26 pm

I love this! So vintage and lovely. I have only just finished my February One Little Word album, so I too am getting caught up. It’s OK.

• Riikka June 23, 2011, 9:27 pm

I just love your photos! Your PL is so beautiful!

• amy June 23, 2011, 9:28 pm

oh. so beautiful. love.
    now i’m really tempted to start next year.
    i’ve been a bit put off because i take mainly vertical photos, and becky’s protectors have a lot of horizontal spots. did you use 2 2×3 photos in the 4×6 space? how did you do that–printed as one photo or ?
    thank you for inspiring as always.

• Liz June 24, 2011, 12:48 am

Hi Amy,

Yes, they are approx. 4×3 in size, printed as one photo. Thank you for your kind words, you should definitely do this! I’m only a couple of weeks in and already I feel like it’s changed/changing the way I document, and even changed the way I feel about scrapbooking in general. I don’t feel that stifling pressure of being so behind.

• Laure June 24, 2011, 9:50 am

I love this!!!

• Jennifer June 24, 2011, 10:36 am

Way to go! I’m glad you started your PL book! I am doing one this year and I know I’ve already caputred more stories than last year. It’s so flexible. The birthday pics are adorable and the photo book looks to be coming along nicely. 🙂

• Kitty Chen June 27, 2011, 8:48 pm

This seriously makes me wanna make one for myself.. amazing, Liz.. thanks for the inspiration!

• Laura Bozeman June 29, 2011, 7:44 am

I’ve recently discovered Project Life, and love looking at everyone’s albums. Yours is fantastic! I love the photo booth mosaic! I also have the problem of wanting to document everything and therefore document nothing. I’m going to start, just document one thing – thanks for inspiring me!

• Ria June 29, 2011, 1:01 pm

Thank you for sharing your album, I was just wondering this week how yours was coming along, as you mentioned it at the start of the year…I’ve actually sent my photos off for printing last night, and I am excited to start at last! I’ve also been putting it off…silly, but for the same reasons. I am way too much of a perfectionist!!

Yours is amazing and such an inspiration! Thank you again!

• ing July 23, 2011, 5:39 am

truly inspiring…
    you’re such a great designer & scrapper at the same time liz.
    btw, can i ask from where you bought your 8.5×11 insets? i would like to try it.
    thanks again & more powers.

• Liz July 24, 2011, 9:52 am

Thanks Ing. I purchased the 8.5×11 inserts from scrapbook.com – they are by american crafts though lots of other companies offer page protectors in that size as well.

• kirsten February 3, 2012, 7:56 pm

I love the paper you use. Especially the wood print. Where did you get them? Are they BH too?

• Liz February 3, 2012, 8:08 pm

Which wood print paper are you referring to?

• Melissa Sutton-Estrada April 9, 2012, 4:24 pm

Thanks so much for the chance to win! 🙂