Less clutter. Less obsessing over trivial things.
Less slouching. Less holding my breath.
My one little word for 2011.
I’m excited to embark on this journey. Excited to see how less will impact my outlook, my demeanor, my everyday life. Right now I am purging and organizing, taking deeper breaths, and keeping my shoulders back. Will I be doing these things a month from now? I hope so, but who knows? I’m going to make a list of the things I hope to accomplish while I’m feeling motivated and things are fresh in my mind. If I lose steam as the year goes on (highly likely), I can refer back to this list. Here goes.
declutter and organize
1. declutter and organize my wardrobe closet
less clothes, more organized closet – started on this already
2. declutter and organize the girls’ closets
less toys, more focused playtime, more appreciation for the things they have – in progress
3. declutter and organize our bookshelves – completed: see before + after
4. declutter and organize my stack of photo boxes and file folders of mementos
5. declutter and organize kitchen cabinets
6. declutter and organize linen closet
7. declutter and organize garage
8. declutter and organize living room closet
9. declutter and organize bathroom drawers
10. declutter kitchen counter top
The list will be updated as I work my way through it this year.