a photobooth album

December 27, 2010 |  by  |  photobooks

I love photo booths. The old school ones where you actually have to step into a booth – those are so fun but there aren’t that many of them around here anymore.

The next best thing to a real photo booth? The photobooth app on our mac which, surprisingly, I haven’t used that much. But thankfully (and double surprisingly) my husband has been using it pretty regularly.

In the midst of last week’s holiday frenzy, I managed to start and finish a photobooth themed album. It will be his belated xmas gift. Here are some of the pages from the album (which I can post here because he rarely reads my blog).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

title page

Photobucket

cover page

Photobucket

More pages from the album

photobooth by liz tamanaha | Make Your Own Book

About this Album
This project is a breeze to complete. It can easily be a one day project, depending on the number of photos you have/want to include. I had a total of 111 photobooth pics. I started in on a Tuesday afternoon and finished it the following morning. The album ended up being 46 pages long.

I used the 2 pages at a time approach method – each photobooth sequence was scrapped as a 2 page spread. One page featured a single photo (usually my favorite from the series) while the opposing page showcased the entire sequence.

Photobucket

I chose a smaller sized album (7×7) because the photobooth pics are low resolution files (640 x 480 pixels, 72dpi). The 7×7 canvas was the perfect size for the photos – I just dragged and dropped the photos onto my template and they were the perfect size – no need to resize! I was able to showcase a good number of photos on each page.

products used in this project
- Album printed via Blurb (7×7, imagewrap, premium paper) cost me $36.95 (not including shipping)
- photo processed using Totally Rad Actions and My 4Hens Actions
- photo frames from Pictures + Words Vol. 2

Photobucket

Brandy Layton says:

Fantastic as always! You offer me so much great inspiration for my photo books!

Bran

Jenny says:

This is really cute! What a fun surprise! :)

Kyla says:

Hi Liz,
    when you publish your book at Blurb I assume you create your layouts in Photoshop (?) and then which program do you use at Blurb to create the photobook? I would like to try out Blurb but don't really want to design the book using their software which I would think would be more limited than my own design software.

kym says:

Liz, thank you for sharing your photobook and ideas with us. I find it to be a great source of inspiration. A while back, you made a shutterfly action that resized your layouts for 12×12 or 8×8. I would love to see that again for Blurb layouts!

Nail Salons Utah says:

Liz, thanks for the post! Photo Booth albums are sooo much fun. They are some of my most favorite pictures to look at!

~Garret
    Shellac Nails

Shireen Loh says:

lovely!! Wish I could order Blurb (I have heard all good things about them). I don't think they process and send to overseas address :-(

Aagje says:

Love your book!! Kate and I can spend hours in front of my mac taking silly pics!! Love photobooth!!

Kyla,

Yes, I created all of the layouts in photoshop, saved each individual layout as a high resolution (300dpi) jpg file. Then I used Blurb's booksmart software to upload and arrange the photos in the album. I selected the FULL PAGE PHOTO DESIGN, to insert the layout files.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Kym – Thanks for your suggestion, I'll look into it!

Crystal says:

Liz my dear, you are always ever amazing! This is so awesome!

Mary Rogers says:

LOVE this Liz!! so fantabulous!

ajira says:

GREAT idea. Thanks so much!