project life | why i love it

I love project life.

I love project life because it’s helping me document our everyday conversations on a regular basis.

I love project life because it’s motivated me to make paper/hybrid layouts again.

I love project life because that receipt I saved for sentimental reasons isn’t lying in a junk drawer, doomed to be forgotten.

I love project life because it can be anything I want. Simple when I just want to get the basics recorded. Crazy intensive when I have the creative energy for it.  And for once I feel caught up with my scrapbooking.  I’m not actually caught up – our wedding album is still unfinished, not to mention our honeymoon – but since I started using project life, that futile-I’ll-never-be-caught-up-feeling feeling is no longer terrorizing me.

Best feeling ever.

So when I received an email from Becky Higgins asking if I’d be interested in being on the Project Life Creative Team, of course I said YES!  And then I fainted.

I am super crazy excited.  I’m looking forward to working with the gals on the Creative Team (huge congrats to everyone!). I have lots of project life posts coming soon so stay tuned.

Project Life is a system created by Becky Higgins. Read more about it HERE. All of my project life entries can be found HERE.

• Vera November 14, 2011, 5:32 am

A Project Life CT sounds like the team to watch out for, exciting! :) Congratulations!

• Dúnia November 14, 2011, 6:12 am

Liz I’m in love with your project, and I’m thinking to be this instead 365 next year…

• dana November 14, 2011, 6:20 am

congratulations, liz!
    i need to get my act together and start creating:)

• Carly November 14, 2011, 7:13 am

Oh WOW congratulations! I will definitely be looking to you for more Project Life inspiration!!!!

• Samone November 14, 2011, 7:48 am

Congratulations! I love your album x.

• jennifer November 14, 2011, 8:15 am

Congratulations Liz! I was so excited to see your picture on Becky’s blog this morning. As always, love your work!!!

• Athena November 14, 2011, 9:23 am

Awesome! Congratulations! Your project life series posts have inspired me to join the club and do it next year. And I am giving them as gifts to my 3 sisters so we can do it together!

• sal November 14, 2011, 9:56 am

what an awesome opportunity! Congratulations! xx

• Michele H. November 14, 2011, 9:59 am

You don’t even know how thrilled I am for you! I love your album…I love your style! Congrats and looking forward to following allowing next year:)

• Alyssa November 14, 2011, 11:10 am

That is so exciting! I just ordered project life because of your blog! I can not wait for it to arrive. With you on the creative team project life can only get better!

• Amanda November 14, 2011, 11:14 am

Eeeek!! YAYAY!! Congrats Liz!! How cool is that!! .. I just LOVE the way you do your project life and think it will be THE perfect way to get me back scrapbookin’!.. just ordered some stuff TODAY.. can’t wait to get it! Weeeee!!

• esther_a November 14, 2011, 12:49 pm

How fabulous!! I pinned one of your pages on pintrest and it has been repinned so many times!! Your pages are an inspiration!

• Jeanye Labaya November 14, 2011, 12:55 pm

YAY! Congrats Liz! That is so awesome. I am soooo envious!

• Michelle Wooderson November 14, 2011, 1:51 pm

So happy to be working with you Liz. Love your approach, always so inspiring to see everyone else’s pages. :)

• Cathy Pascual November 14, 2011, 2:32 pm

Congrats Liz! I am eager to read more about Project Life! I am seriously considering jumping in and I love the way you do your album – a bit of digi and paper combined!)

• ale November 14, 2011, 2:58 pm

congrats, liz!!!
    i’m a huge fan of yours, and love your take on project life.

• philippa November 14, 2011, 5:04 pm

wow perfect a Ct…. i ordered mine yesterday so i can get started in the new year. i plan to make mine a bit like yours i love the easy eclectic feeling of it all, thank you for inspiring and sharing

• Jennifer November 14, 2011, 6:09 pm

Congratulations Liz! I so love your unique take on Project Life. Your pages are absolutely gorgeous and inspiring. So looking forward to being on this team with you!

• kristy November 14, 2011, 8:00 pm

Congratulations… you have been inspiring me so much doing your project life.. you will be a great asset to the creative team!

• elizabeth November 14, 2011, 10:40 pm

Wow, Liz! That’s fantastic!! I have been toying with the idea of doing PL in 2012 every time I look at your pages : )

• mrshhobbes November 16, 2011, 6:38 am

I just saw it on her site! Congratulations, Liz–you’re PERFECT for the team! Can’t wait to see what inspiration you’ll give :) I plan on either doing a Project Life approach to a US trip we had, or maybe I’ll do a Smash book approach. Either way, PL has really opened up my eyes on how simple I can make my storytelling and it doesn’t diminish the beauty of it at all :)

• lisa truesdell November 18, 2011, 5:27 pm

LOVE the sheet w/ all of the pics. LOVE.

• Mrs. V November 18, 2011, 9:34 pm

I will be doing my first Project Life album in 2012. I have been having fun looking at the sites of Creative Team members. It will be such a nice resource throughout the year! Thank you.

• libbywilko November 23, 2011, 10:55 am

Congratulations Liz!! Love your project life posts, you so deserve being part of the CT your take on it is so beautiful & simple. Loved that you said you fainted I would too if Becky emailed me and asked to be part of something so special.

Also loved being able to check out all the rest of the team… they’re blogs are now filling up my feed :)

• Molly November 30, 2011, 1:48 pm

I absolutely LOVE your approach to project life!
    Just curious, where do you get those white doilies you use on the journaling cards?

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Liz November 30, 2011, 2:07 pm

Thanks Molly. You can pick up those doilies at any craft store in the cake decorating section – I picked mine up at Joann’s.

• danielle thompson January 4, 2012, 10:35 am

this is so exciting! congrats Liz! you are PERFECT for this team. I’m even thinking of taking the Project Life plunge. : )

• Liz January 4, 2012, 1:33 pm

Oh girl!! DO IT!!!!!

• debbe March 12, 2012, 6:12 pm

Oooh, I love that red label! I have to ask you where you got it?