preserving heart (a saturday afternoon project)

My daughter brings home a lot of art projects from school.  For now, they all get filed away in a box.  I’m not sure what I’ll do with them yet but I do love the idea of someday turning them into one big art collage poster, like Interior Decorator Jan Eleni did with her kids’ art (seen via decor8).

Some of her art will go straight into our project life album. Like this heart that she made for Father’s Day. It’s going into an 8.5×11 page protector.

heart (a saturday afternoon project)

But I didn’t wait it just floating around in there so it’s going to be mounted on a sheet of letter sized paper. (I used khaki cardstock from paper source).

heart (a saturday afternoon project)

Then I decided the page needed a little something. So I made a few labels to embellish the page (vintage black label stamp by purple onion designs).

heart (a saturday afternoon project)

Then printed out the text.

heart (a saturday afternoon project)

Adhered the labels.

heart (a saturday afternoon project)

And finally, the heart.

heart (a saturday afternoon project)

Now it’s ready to go into our project life album.

What do you do with your childrens’ art?

• Jenny B. July 9, 2011, 5:26 pm

That looks terrific! My kids’ art usually ends up in piles. I had a box when my oldest started preschool, but it’s been full for a while. I’ve been thinking about a lot of different ideas… displaying some on clips on a yardstick or a string… framing the really special ones… Or scanning/photographing them and creating a collage to frame or a scrapbook page. I love Jacinda’s art pages:

• Liz July 11, 2011, 8:57 am

Thanks for sharing Jacinda’s page, it’s gorgeous!

• Soco July 10, 2011, 12:40 am

What a great idea Liz! I love it! My DD’s are stocked in a box too, and I was precisely looking for ideas too. :)

• Liz July 11, 2011, 8:57 am

I’d love to see what you end up doing with her art.

• Cathy July 10, 2011, 7:13 pm

What a great idea! you are so inspiring. seriously.

• Liz July 11, 2011, 8:57 am

Thanks so much Cathy!

• Tara December 8, 2011, 11:59 am

I’m just perusing all your project life posts for ideas…how exactly does that unmounted stamp work? Do you have to adhere it to something like that block when you get it? Forgive me, total newbie in the world of stamps. :)

• Sue K June 12, 2013, 7:10 pm

Liz, when i have tried to feed A4 cardstock through my printer, it always comes out crooked. any tips? thanks.

• liz June 12, 2013, 9:49 pm

Hi Sue, sorry to hear that. I’m not a printer guru – I’d check the tray and alignment (rollers? handless) that helps to feed the paper properly. Good luck and I hope you find the crooked culprit soon!